Sunday, March 9, 2014

Date Loaf

I love baking. Friday afternoons are one of my favourite times of the week; school is done, the weekend is here, Daddy is home for 2 days, there is no homework, and best of all once we are home there is no need to go out again. No activities. No daycare pickups. Nothing. So while I had no idea what was for dinner which is rare, I did know what was on the menu for afternoon tea, Date Loaf with smoothies.

The recipe is from BabyMac here, but while I only made one this time, once I stock up on more dates I will be making another batch of 2.. or even maybe 3! I plan on slicing it up, wrapping in baking paper and popping in the fridge for school lunches and easy afternoon tea.

The recipe is all on BabyMac's blog, but for just one loaf I used:

200g pitted dates (chopped)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup boiling water
60g butter
1 3/4 cups self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Poor Daddy didn't get much left for him... one loaf doesn't go far around this bunch!

1 comment:

kgirlknits said...

Lovely, simple recipe - thanks for sharing :-)