Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Banyan shorts and tee

Banyan shorts Banyan shorts Banyan shorts Pattern: Banyan Shorts by Figgy's
Fabric: Cotton from The Remnant Warehouse

A new pair of shorts made for Isabella, not just any shorts but fancy shorts. Love the details in this pattern, the zipper hidden under the fly cover, button up, pleats, elastic back, pockets back and front and the turned up cuff.

I amended the pattern slightly by using button elastic and left a small spot each side of the elastic to put a button in to make them adjustable. Perfect little shorts for the last of the odd warm days, and next summer I'll be making more for everyone.

Banyan tees Banyan tees Banyan tees
I also made each of the girls a Banyan tee each. Bella's is a touch short, but Eva's fits perfectly. I plan on getting back to the Remnant Warehouse shortly for more knit supplies to make some more plain t-shirts.

2 comments:

bec said...

Cute! How are the shorts for sizing? Tempted to make some for my size 12 girl, but think i'll be wasting my time (i know where to send them though!)

Jan Gartlan said...

Cute sewing