Monday, June 4, 2012

Colette Sorbetto


Pattern: Colette Sorbetto

Fabric: Cotton remnant from Spotlight

The Good: What is not to like about a good fitting, basic tank style top? And the pattern is free. The sizing is spot on, although I did the next size up in length, but I like long tops. The pleat down the front makes it a bit different to all my other tank style stops, and I love the print of this fabric. The pattern's fabric requirements are 1.4m, however excluding the binding I got mine out of 70cm of 60" fabric. For the binding I used a 15"x15" square and followed the continuous binding tutorial on the Collette site.

The Bad: My attempt at making my own binding #312 was another failure. Ok that was a bit harsh, it wasn't a total failure but I should have gone with the pre-made binding, it's just so much crisper and perfectly straight compared to mine, but being that I made it out of the same fabric as the top, it doesn't look bad.

Modifications: None. For finishing my seams I used the overlocker.

On the Collette blog there is a tutorial for making it with a scalloped hem which I think looks sweet and also how to make it without the pleat.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Thanks so much for the review. I have this pattern printed and ready to go for summer... it can move closer to the top of the list now that I know it's a goodie :)

Ellyn said...

I'm going to make myself one of these tops eventually!