Thursday, December 16, 2010

Oilcloth Tote

Today in between procrastinating about doing some housework, I decided to pull out some Oilcloth I bought a couple of weeks ago from Spotlight and make a tote bag for one of my neighbours.

The end bag is about 12" x 12" x 3" deep, and while I wasn't 100% sure about the floral oilcloth, once it was matched with a dark navy interior and handles, I *think* it works at not being quite so girlie-girlie.

I have just enough fabric left to make another identical one, which I *may* give to my Mum (if I decide not to keep it). Lucky she doesn't read my blog right?!.

Note: Apparently I am unable to take a picture of anything today without this little face popping into the frame. Lucky he's cute. Of course he is semi-nude, the boy is always missing an article of clothing of some kind while we are at home. You should be grateful at least it was his top off this time, not his pants.

2 comments:

willow and moo said...

Great bag!

Mollie always wants to be in the photos like the one yesterday that I was taking because their toy room is so disgusting that I had document it. Really, you want to be the photo that shows how slack you are with taking care of your stuff? (of course, she doesn't see it that way) Then later that day I look out back to see my children jumping on the trampoline with no clothes on.

you are not alone. :)

Ellyn said...

the tote is great! she'll love it. Oh & Liam is adorable as always