Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gingko Sling Bag


Using every last centimeter of a 70x50cm piece of I&S Gingko (definitely one of my all time favourite fabrics) with some black quilting fabric (that has very tiny squares on it), a new sling bag using Kristen's pattern whipped up in no time last night.

Of course, even at the late hour it was, I had the silly idea to try and omit the binding from around the openings which involved some unpicking, tweaking, closing my eyes and sewing, but it worked. Tried and tested at the pool this morning with great success.

Speaking of The Marvelous Ms D, at Craft Group last week she mentioned needing a case for her new phone so I offered to make her one. Delving into a fabric pack from Prints Charming to select a colour I *think* suits her with some linen interior, I ended up with this...

Hope she likes it. Merry Christmas Ms D, thanks for your friendship this year.

3 comments:

CurlyPops said...

What a sweet pressie - I'm sure she'll love it!

Kristen Doran said...

Loving it!! You are too sweet my CG friend.

Ellyn said...

adorable sling bag & sweet present! Way to go!