Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Heather Ross Quilt {Blogtoberfest Day 13}

I have a thing for Heather Ross fabrics (who doesn't?), the characters are all so gorgeous. Since I only started sewing a couple of years ago, I missed out on yardage of most of them but have kept scraps of all the HR fabric I have bought plus snatched a few scrap bags off etsy.

I love this quilt from Film in the Fridge, showcasing all the different HR designs, so with all my little pieces I've put together the squares....

Close up...

With the Aussie dollar as good as it was last week, I ordered up fat quarters of the whole Far Far Away II range so I could also make this quilt from Film in the Fridge. So I'll be using pieces of that to expand on these blocks.

Of course Isabella keeps hovering over my shoulder and wants to know if it's for her, but we've decided if the baby is a girl (which she is adamant it will be) then it can be for her baby sister. If it's a boy, then she can have it. Either way with two Heather Ross quilts planned, she's going to end up with one anyway!

Considering I'm not a quilt maker, I sure seem to have a lot of quilts planned.... this Heather Ross, the Heather Ross FFII, and the Paintbox.

2 comments:

Sophie said...

Cute fabric.....can't wait to see the final result! Sophie x

Belinda said...

I love that far far away II too. Have you been able to find a more detailed tutorial?