Friday, October 16, 2009

Blogtoberfest Day 16: The Final Lazy Days Skirt

5 days and 5 skirts of the Lazy Days Skirt Sew-a-Long hosted by the lovely Melissa.

My final skirt is an itti bitty one for a little girl about to turn 1. I had planned to try a more-embellished version but when I found I had just enough of this gorgeous Amy Butler fabric I though a simple ruffle ribbon at the bottom was enough.

I love this pattern. Each skirt takes me less than 30 minutes including measuring, cutting, ironing, hemming, elastic in, ready to wear and there are so many different ways to jazz it up (see the Oliver & S flickr group).

Even after making 5 in a week, I am not sick of sewing these.

5 comments:

CurlyPops said...

That is so sweet, and you're absolutely correct that the little ruffle at the bottom is just the perfect amount of embellishment.

Karin van Dam said...

You have made some lovely skirts this week Lisa. And I bet you made some girls really happy!

dillpickle said...

I'm loving all of your skirts! Especially this one :-) I'm planning on making one for my almost 1 year old (have been for a few weeks now!). How long have you made this one?

sweet limes said...

That's sort of the thing with sewing isn't it? Even if you sew 5 little skirts all week long you don't get sick of it because you're brain starts churning out more ideas and you HAVE to try those out. The more you sew, the more you want to sew. At least that's how I work.

The O's said...

'complete' is what I would call the frill ruffle on this skirt. You wouldn't want to make it too busy. Perfect!