Monday, October 6, 2008

Blogtoberfest Day 6/Dresses for Moi

I went to buy a new dress on Friday when it was super hot and they wanted $50 for a rectangle piece of fabric with elastic around the top. HA. So I made this instead from fabric I've had for ages. The fabric detracts from the total lack of shape but oh it was nice and cool.


From my stash I bought yesterday I made this last night using my New Look 6347 pattern I've had for a while and it took just over an hour to make from start to finish. I love the frilly straps. I combined a couple of the variations from the pattern, the shorter dress with the straps from another.

Isabella wearing her new dress I made the other day. She likes it!

And the Monkey boy taken tonight just 'cause I had a nice photo.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love the frilly sleeves on your dress and the fabric is so pretty! Good work!

Ellie said...

The tattoo really goes well with the dress ;-p

Well done on your dresses.

LisaAnn said...

Don't you love it when you see something in a shop then go home and make a similar one. Congrats on saving 50 bucks! (that will justify your next fabric purchase.)