Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blogtoberfest Day 14/Tagged

I was hoping to be able to post pics of my, sorry Isabella's, new Oliver + S Puppet Show Tunic top. BUT, remember that overlocker I said was eating fabric and had been serviced and allowed back in the house. Apparently it's still hungry. So while I've worked on the top for over an hour today, the sleeves still aren't attached and it's not looking much like anything let alone a top. Looks like I'll be ringing the machine place again.

So for todays post, I got tagged by CurlyPops yesterday for 6 random things.

The rules are simple:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write Six Random Things about yourself.
Tag six-or-so other people at the bottom of the post.
Leave comments on their blogs, letting them know they've been tagged!
Let the person who tagged you know when you've written the post.

So here goes...

1. I can't sleep if I've left something half-done or almost finished. I'll go to bed and lie there awake longer than if I'd just dang finished it.

2. I like to follow blog trails. I start with a blog that I love and just follows links here and there and often end up at some fabulous blogs. This of course wastes time I should be doing other things!

3. I'm not really any sports supporter. I'll watch the cars and bikes if I have to, but if you want me to watch cricket, well you might as well pull my teeth out cause I'll find that more exciting. Unfortunately hubby likes cricket. On a side note, after him explaining it to me for the past 10 years I STILL don't understand how they come up with the scores.

4. If I had my way I'd stay up until 1am every night working, sewing, cleaning, crafting etc. Those hours once the kids go to bed seem to fly by so quick. I can get more done in an hour with a quiet house than all day when they are up and playing.

5. I'm addicted to bloglines. If I've got 5mins to spare, you can find me there checking out what everyone is doing or adding new blogs. As of tonight I have 164 feeds and I think I added half a dozen new ones today. I'm particularly fond of sewing blogs. Every morning once breakfast is ready you'll find me on bloglines with a cup to tea catching up what everyone posted over night.

6. If I could, I think I would try every craft there is. Hubby will not be too impressed if I start anything else, he thinks I do too much as it is. Pfft to that.

And I'm tagging (hope that's OK ladies!); EB Buddy Leah, Handmaiden for making me want to visit Melbourne again soon with her craft diary posts, Edward & Lilly creator of just the cutest "Cuddly Cat" softie, Little Munchkins whose sewing is just so horribly good, knitting extrordinare Celia (she's also a pretty fine sewer too) and poor ever-sewing PinkLizzy who I tagged last time but she's my chatting & sewing buddy and I'm flat out of names so I'm dobbing her in (AGAIN). I'd love to see anyone else's 6 Random Things too. I do need more blogs to add to Bloglines after all. Tag you're all "it".

5 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I have that exact same clicking problem....from blog to blog to blog, and then I forget where I started and I've added another 10 to my favourites!
Ditto for cricket...BORING

Anonymous said...

Lisa, great post....but I love cricket!! and dont go to bed before 1pm!

Cindy said...

I related to so much of your randomness. I was falling asleep at the sewing machine last night trying desperatly to get stuff done in MY time.

Unknown said...

Thanks for tagging me Lisa Dearest.
But I quite like cricket. I find Richie Benaud's voice quietly soothing...like a monotone lullaby.

edward and lilly said...

Oh, I just saw this post, thank you for the mention. I did six random things a couple of days ago, I think it's making the rounds in a big way.
I love dropping by your blog and know exactly what you mean about being addicted to bloglines. Whenever I have a little break I'm straight on there :)