Friday, May 23, 2008

Oliver + S Tea Party Dress

Isabella's Tea Party/3rd Birthday Party is just under a month away so I am starting to gather ideas and came across this website ALL about cupcakes. How cool is that. Posted was a link to this. I proceeded to throw myself on the floor throwing a tanty a 3 year old would be proud of "I want, I want, I want". Shame everyone was in bed so no one saw. If I could knit quicker than one bootie in 6 months, I would attempt to make this Cupcake hat.

My Oliver + S Tea Party Dress has arrived and I grabbed the fabric yesterday. I decided to do a test run with the pattern using the Rose coloured fabric I bought and some left over Sevenberry fabric from my MIL's bag from Mother's Day and the match was perfect. The fabric went together so beautifully and the pattern worked so well, I've decided this is it and not the practice dress. (It's extra sunny here today so the photos aren't fantastic... not that they ever are... plus Miss Bella REFUSED to part with her sultanas for her photo shoot. Oh and excuse the bed-hair, she woke up only 5 mins earlier and I was busting to make sure it would fit!).

I got my Oliver + S Tea Party Dress pattern from Duckcloth here in Australia and they were super quick to deliver and free freight. Definitely will be back there soon. The patterns from Oliver + S are so adorable, I'd love to try them all. I received their newsletter yesterday and a boys range is coming later this year and just looks as equally gorgeous. I will be impatiently waiting their release.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa, the dress looks adorable! I can't wait to start mine now.

Lisa said...

Thanks PL!

Belinda said...

That looks great Lisa.....I hope it still fits her this summer. A perfect summer dress for down your way....walks along the beach etc.

Lisa said...

I did the 3T and thought it might be a bit big but it fits perfectly.. as long as she doesn't grow it will be perfect during the summer.

Emma said...

Lisa, the dress is stunning! Just beautiful. I'v got to stop coming to your blog as I keep finding more and more that I want to do!!